Friday, August 31, 2012

Guest Entry: On Tumblr - by DiaperWhiz





Guest Entry by DiaperWhiz

This is a piece I wrote about tumblr. If you don't know what tumblr is, it is a micro-blogging site that deals primarily in photos. There is other kinds of content there yes, but mostly images. Some people post images that are inspiring, some people post images of places they want to visit, and predictably some people post porn. If you are not aware of tumblr and you are in this community then I suggest you find out and be educated, especially when it comes to sharing visual content. This is not a piece designed to "hate on" anyone who has a diaper related tumblr, it is merely an issue that i think needs some clarity in this community and a healthy discussion. 

Over the years I have gone back and forth about showing images of my face on diaper sites. I want to meet people in the community and have them know i am a real person, and I'm not some creep. And a guess part of it is vanity too. wanting to show a cute face and getting nice things said about you. I never got nice things said about me growing up so maybe it comes from that. But I also think part of it is about wanting to give something back to the community. I like to know that I can be a cute boy in a diaper and share it with others if it brings them joy or makes them feel normal or sexy ;) . I like sharing that we all share this interest and its kinda naughty and its kinda nice. But its about the community in the end. Sharing our common kink.

I have found this to be good for helping meet new people, its always nice to have a face when you are chatting with someone. I hate chatting to torsos or diaper crotch shots. Having a face makes the other person feel real and it validates you. people will tell me that if I put it out on the internet then I should expect that it will be downloaded. I believe that. I am a photographer so I am aware how people can take images from anywhere on the web. I don't mind if a couple of horney guys want to download my image and jerk to it, I mean I've done the same thing. There are some cute boys out there. Hollar! hahaha, but seriously thats what I share them for. a kind of quid pro quo

But every once and a while I would get creeped out by something someone said or by just about having my face out there that. Like many people I went through purge periods. For a while I was putting pics out there but blurring my face. I think lately though since its clear that I am not going to be famous, lol, I have started putting just a few face pics out there again. That is until I saw one of my images recently on tumblr. Lucky for me my face was cut out. Im not sure whether or not I should be offended by that but I was happy none the less.

I contacted the blogger and asked hime to take the photo down as it was not his and I had not sanctioned my sexy body to be salaciously thrown on to just any old blog. But he took forever to get back to me. When he did, he removed the photo. But now my image was on a dozen or so more sites, because they had reblogged it from him. Think of it as a visual retweet. But there was no way that I could contact every single blog owner and have them remove the image. Down the rabbit hole my poor diapered bottom went. and to add insult to injury, it wasn't even a flattering photo.

I had been keyed onto diaper tumblrs because I myself was a tumblr user. Though I posted inspiring images to help me with ideas for my photography. One day I searched the keyword diaper and all these tumblrs came up. At first I was overjoyed! it was churning out some really great material. I never wanted to leave my bed! until of course that I realized that my images were at risk too.

Sharing images online now it totally different from when I was first using the internet. When I first came on the scene people were still using news groups to talk about ABDL related info. Granted I was 13 at the time and the internet was very new, but when you spent your early teens waiting minutes (GASP!) minutes for a single image to download, well you can imagine that never in our wildest dreams did we think that sometime like tumblr was even possible. Boy were we wrong.

There has always been a kind code in the community. I've liked that. There was something about wearing diapers that scared us all from a young age. As if it was so weird that we would literally DIE if anyone found out. I remember feeling like that. Something that I have always appreciated about this community is its discreetness. Why do you think diapers come through the mail in plain shipping. Because we want to be discreet. Just because we share images with each other online in our little corner of the web, does not mean that we don't wish to be discreet. When someone takes an image of an ABDL  who has been brave enough to show their face and shares it online without their consent than that is a betrayal of the community and the discreetness that we all live by. 

I know that some people don't care if their images are out there and to them I say thank you. haha. But its tricky unless you know people personally to stop the sharing. Im not saying that people shouldn't post their pictures, I like seeing a cute boy in a diaper, Im not even saying that diaper tumblrs should go away. But I do think that a code of ethics is needed. Crop the face if you don't have permission, or get permission. Don't leave your fellow diaper brethren open to exposure or outting. 
 
How would you feel if the diaper was on you?
 
 
 
DiaperWhiz is a regular Abysitter.com reader and contributor. He previously completed a Q&A you can read here, and was a winner of my First-Ever ABDL Photo Contest... you can see his entry here. If you enjoyed reading his entry please let him know - contact him directly or leave a comment below. And if you would like to contribute something of your own, please contact me at abysitter@gmail.com. Thanks, DiaperWhiz!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100% whizzer. 100%. Tumblr came out of nowhere. Before this I never thought I'd see my pictures anywhere besides a diaper website or maybe Facebook. People who are truly ABDL and post our pictures on a site like Tumblr are just stupid.

Anonymous said...

I like reading social commentary on this blog. Thanks for writing this.

- Baby Eric

Toby said...

Great article!

diaperwhiz said...

Thanks y'all

Heccccky said...

I agree with everything you posted here.

Anonymous said...

VERY GOOD ADVICE, THANK YOU.