Monday, February 15, 2010

Visiting Orlando? Let's hang... FAQs!


Visiting Orlando?
Let's hang in Huggies... lounge in Luvs...

I currently live in Orlando, FL. I am twenty miles from Disney World and Epcot Center, and even closer to SeaWorld. I am less than 10 miles from Orlando International Airport (MCO), and less than five miles from the executive airport, for those of you with your own private Learjets.

Coming for a visit? I love meeting new people. Let's chill...


Stuff To Do In Orlando...
Disney World & Epcot Center
Waterparks Galore
Wild Safari & Other Animal Parks
SeaWorld
Universal Studios
NBA Professional Basketball: Orlando Magic
Daytona Beach: Atlantic Ocean Beaches 45 Minutes Away
Daytona 500 Speedway
Tampa: Busch Gardens & Gulf of Mexico Beaches 90 Minutes Away
Blue Man Group, Cirque du Soleil, & Other Shows


Q: Do you charge for abysitting?
A: I'm not a professional abysitter. It's something I do for fun. I prefer to abysit guys who are younger than me, and guys who I'm attracted to, although I've made a few exceptions. So, if I've approached you about the idea of some toddler time (a la abysitting), rest assured there's no charge.

I sometimes do abysitting for others who contact me. If I am travelling or taking time off from work, a fee to cover losses/expenses would be negotiated. Again, I am not a professional. If you are looking for a professional abysitter I have several I can refer you to.

I've had people offer to pay me thousands to travel to them and do a week (or longer) of professional abysitting. I am flattered, believe me, and I appreciate the offers. But I've never taken anyone up on one.

Q: Do you host?
A: My place is small, and is not really meant for AB play. If I know you I will have you over for some toddler time, as well as a lakefront photoshoot if you desire. (And there's nothing better than some late-nite diapered coffee under the stars with a skyline view).

As for week-long visits, I only invite people I've gotten to e-know well, and even then only occasionally. I am looking at the possibility of renting an apartment or condo, but am not sure how long I will remain in Orlando, so don't go purchasing plane tickets hopin'... hehe.

Q: So where will we hang out?
A: If we're just meeting up for a few hours there are plenty of places in Orlando to chill. From theme parks to local parks (Lake Eola downtown, Crane's Roost in Altamonte Springs, and others), shopping centers, even the airport... I'll meet you pretty much anywhere.

If we're doing some toddler time or I'm abysitting you, we'll be returning to your hotel or, if we've made previous arrangements, coming back to my place.

Q: How long will it last?
A: Anything longer than a day/night has to be arranged well in advance. If you're in Orlando and have some free time don't hesitate to hit me up, but my schedule is pretty tight, so it'd definitely be cool if you'd give me some notice - a few weeks, if possible, if you're hoping to guarantee anything. For the right situation I might be available for a long weekend, or even a week.

Q: Do you meet up with everyone?
A: Definitely not. I'm a normal person, just like you. There are people I see on the various diaper-related websites I would like to meet, and people I've seen who I'd rather not. There are also people I would like to meet but just don't have time while they're here. I've had people get angry when I tell them I don't have time to meet up. It's nothing personal.

Q: What would we do during an abysitting session?
A: I love to abysit and, if I've agreed to abysit you, I can't wait. That said, I write a whole blogon this topic. Re-typing what will happen during one of our sessions, as much as I get asked, gets a bit tedious, and I try to avoid it as much as possible. I thank you, in advance, for getting as much information as you can from this blog before you ask.

My ideal abysitting subject is a younger guy looking for that authority figure, be it a babysitter, big bro, or - eek, don't make me say it - daddy. If you're looking for that kind of experience I'm down. If you're looking for something different I'm down for discussion...

Q: Do you take pictures?
A: I enjoy it, and am more than willing to, especially if you're going to allow their use on my blog. But I don't have to, and will, of course, do so only if we agree. I've met people who only wanted to take pictures, and I've diapered plenty of people who didn't want them taken.

Q: Do you have baby clothes?
A: I do. At any given time I have at least one or two brands of disposable diapers. I also have a small footed sleeper, plastic pants (white and nursery prints), Rugrats t-shirts, Underoos, cartoon jammies, etc.; I'm always trying to add more. And you are, of course, welcome to bring anything you have with you...

Q: Do you have big baby furniture?
A: My place is small, as I said above, and it's not a real nursery. If you visited me in New York you probably remember my toddler bed, crib rail, and high chair. None of those made the trip. Here in FL I have a playpen - you'll see it in some of the pictures here - and a toddler rail. That's it. I hope to have an entire nursery one day.

Q: Are you a part of any 'groups' in Orlando?
A: No.

Q: My friend (insert name here) says he met up with you while he lived in/was visiting Orlando. Do you know him?
A: There are at least three people named Chris in the Orlando ABDL scene. We don't know each other. Some of the people who believe they've met me haven't, for whatever reason... I guess it gets confusing? In any event, base your decision to want to visit me on your own communications with me, and not what anyone who claims to have met me may have told you. :)

Q: I'm visiting Orlando, but we're not meeting up. Can I still ask you questions about stuff to do while I'm there?
A: Definitely. Email is abysitter@gmail.com, and it's always on me. Just email away.

Q: Do you travel?
A: July in upstate New York, August briefly to Portland, OR. And, if you're providing transportation and lodging (i.e. you have a car and a place), I can travel to other places, too.

Q: Anything else?
A: You have to be 18. No exceptions to that one. And, if you look like you just started college in the last year or two, I'll be asking for proof that you're 18, in the form of a scanned/emailed driver's license or state ID, before you come. Please don't be offended by that. It's for our safety. Thanks for respecting both of us enough to understand.


IN ORLANDO?
Email: abysitter@gmail.com
YIM: abysitter
MSN: abysitter@gmail.com
Text: 407-459-4675

THINKING OF VISITING?
Email: abysitter@gmail.com
YIM: abysitter

1 comment:

dt said...

I WANT TO BE A BABYSITTER