Big moment coming up. As of this writing, I have 199,633 unique daily views. That means that the counter that resets once per 24 hours has logged on 199,633 daily viewers to my blog.
If you've been with me a long time you may remember that I added that counter at 300 views. So the real number is closer to 199,933. But we're going to make the counter official and call it what it is.
- 200,000 -
that's what's up!
I've been blogging since November 25, 2008. My first few months I had no hits. Except me. Then, slowly, my audience began growing. First came Justin. Then Cale. And then, slowly, an actual audience for Abysitter.com began to grow.
In 2011 I had 49,626 unique daily views. This means the blog averaged 135 viewers a day.
In 2012 I had 55,159 unique daily views. That's an average of 151 viewers a day.
So far, in 2013, I've had 40,477 unique daily views. That's an average of 189 viewers every single day. That, to me, is amazing. Considering it took me months to reach my first 189 views. If we continue at this pace I'll be just shy of 70,000 unique daily views this year. Let's see if we can push it past 70K, shall we?
Unique daily views are one thing. In terms of total page views - that means each time you visit a page on my blog it counts - I have 526,000 views. That means that each person who visits my blog (on average) clicks on 2.63 pages. That's a pretty good rate. Or maybe a lot of you visit multiple times a day? Not sure. But I do know that 526,000 views over the years is nothing to sneeze at. It's an average of 305 blog views every single day.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Every single one of those blog views means something to me. Because they represent you. Whether you contribute pictures to my blog, contribute stories to my blog, enter my blog contests, or just read my blog... y'all are dope as fuck. I've gotten emails from enough of you to know that, for some of you, some of what you read here really meant something. For some of you, it meant a lot.
And it means a lot to me, too.
So thank you.
Lots to come soon so... stay tuned.
MAKE ME A SIGN?
In celebration of the blog
reaching 200K,
I'm asking someone - anyone -
to make me a sign.
You, a diaper, and a sign
that says ABYSITTER.COM
and something about 200K views.
I'll post anything I get here.
And you can definitely post it anywhere.
Let's celebrate,
and push this up over 70K for 2013.
[18+]
Lots more to come...
...I promise.
3 comments:
Congrats
ON IT.
Hey Cris! Congrats on growing your blog to be such a large and interesting part of the community ^.^ Was a pleasure getting ya pictures way back in the day, glad I could help!
Post a Comment