Tuesday, April 17, 2012

On Tumblr. And gang rape.


How is Tumblr like Gang Rape?
Read on... I'll tell you. 



I'm old enough to remember the ABDL Community before it was really even a community. 

I came of age in the days when our only 'community' website, DPF.com, was more like a meet market or a singles website. 

There were no pictures of members. You couldn't even write a bio - you selected letters for what you were interested in.  Did [S] = spanking... or sex? I can't even remember. 

Let's just say that expressing yourself, in words or in pictures, was not easy. 

Remember BabyClub? Where you had to pay extra to see diaper pictures? I remember people who assumed I had BabyClub begging me to let them use my login info so they could see diaper pictures, too. (Hello, Brian and Brian!) Truth was, I wasn't able to afford it either.

Over time, we evolved. A lot. 

New diaper websites began to form. 

Aby.com was developed. Once the home of links and free diaper pictures, including the Snuggies series and a crude link gallery of photos publicly posted on the internet, Aby.com would eventually be reinvented into a social networking website.* We now had a place to post our photos, bios, and eventually even blogs and forum feelings. 

Other sites were invented. Diaperspace.com. RUPadded.com. Diaper-bois.com. And more. 

We now had more than a community - we had communities. We had a number of different websites where ABDLs and people with like interests could congregate. 

Some were nothing more than expansive forums. 

Others were more of a photo gallery with some other social stuff stuck on. 

Some were adult-only; others mixed adults and children. 

In all, there have been well over a dozen ABDL websites - some now defunct, some going strong. 



I'm old enough to remember the ABDL community when we had something of an honor code. 

I remember our community before Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr. 

I remember when, if you posted an ABDL photo, you posted one of you

Or one you took.

Or, at the very least, one that you had permission to post. 

I remember when an an adult baby, college baby, or diaper lover could post a photo with reasonable certainty that it would not be stolen, re-posted by someone else.

Sure, you occasionally had photo forgers. They tended to be people under the age of 18 trying to fake a photo to get access to the grownup sites, or older people trying to pose as young DLs to get that exclusive access that is often denied to members of age in our community. 

If you ever had your photos stolen in this way, you were in the minority. 

Our community was so tight and close-knit that someone putting up a fake profile picture would generally be shouted down by others spotting the fake within hours. 

Not a winning strategy. 

So fake pictures tended to be found on the newer websites where a community had not yet had time to form yet. I'd go to www.NewDiaperSite.com and see a whole profile full of photos of people I knew. Usually, all it took was a gentle message and the offender would switch said fake photos out for fake photos of people I didn't know. Problem solved, lol...

Ahh... memories.



So what the fuck is a Tumblr, anyway? 

Tumblr is a blogging platform, a free host of blogs where users can post writings, photos, videos, and links. These blog entries can then be easily reposted to other Tumblr blogs.

The site started out with good intentions. People began using Tumblr to post glimpses into their lives. I remember some of my favorite music artists using the site to post photos from tours, thoughts in the studio, and other stuff like that. It was a cool little website. 

Over time, as more and more creative people flocked to Tumblr, less and less creative people did, too. 

The site began to attract what I like to call lazy bloggers. Bloggers who really weren't bloggers at all, just reposters - people who could click a button, repost someone else's content from their page to their own blog. 

Imagine - you can have a whole blog, and dozens of followers, by doing nothing more than clicking a button. It would be like opening a store that only sells admission to an actual store next door. You're a re-blogger, of sorts... someone who reposts the content of others. A great gig, if you can get it. 

And that's where Tumblr gets tricky. 

To give you a better idea of what Tumblr is, and how it affects our community, I turn to Baby Dean, who posted a great response to a forum on this topic in the RUPadded.com forums. Dean has been featured on my blog in the past, and will be featured more here in the future. Here's what he wrote:

"I wouldn't classify tumblr as a social media website. It's more of a mass sharing website. It has aspects of social interaction in that you are showing what you like and sharing it with your friends and thus giving them an insight to who you are.

The thing with tumblr is that as a mass sharing website it has faculties for sharing images very easily with very little accountability.
The reason I say little accountability is that you don't feel as guilty because you're not taking an image from one of this community's websites yourself and uploading it to the web, for sure there is someone who uploads an original, you are just re-blogging it. People assume that the person with the original has permission to post it and if they like it they re-blog the image. People who see it on their page re-blog it if they like it and so on.
So in that manner an image has the ability to spread very fast with complete disregard for the image's owner. And once it's out there it's very hard to get back (something that I've had personal experience with). The reason people I think are annoyed is that the image spreads so rapidly and that nobody cares to really consider if the original poster is the owner of the image.
The fault of course lies with the original poster of the image but the people who spread it are not entirely blameless."
Pretty valid analysis, Dean. 

And that's what Tumblr comes down to.

Tumblr is a great place to post diaper pictures - if you don't mind them being seen by the masses. 

That is because it's so damn easy to reblog anything there. 

So a diaper photo posted once will soon be reposted multiple times. 

First it will be reposted by other ABDL Tumblr bloggers.

But then, the path it will take... who knows. 

And that's the problem. 

When Facebook first came out, it was limited to users with a .edu email address. Then, it was expanded to work emails, as well. Eventually Facebook was opened to the masses - anyone with a valid email address could join the site. Shortly afterward, Peter Pampers and Hugo Huggies opened accounts. And from there it became an ABDL free-for-all. 

When I joined Facebook it was to get more exposure for my blog. At first it was great... I was finding a shit ton of new readers, and saw my average daily views explode with new readers, many of whom had never been on a diaper website before. 

But after a while I began to notice two things:
  • Some of the pictures I recognized as belonging to friends from RUP were being used on Facebook by people who didn't seem to know me. It soon became clear to me that pictures were being lifted, and whole alternate identities established, by underage users who couldn't post their own photos for obvious reasons. 
  • And, after enough time, underage users just said fuck it and posted whatever. 
Facebook became a breeding ground for what would amount to underage porn - sans nudity - in the form of TB photos galore. 

It was shortly thereafter that I realized I was as likely to post a link to a 13 year old as I was someone who I wanted to redirect to Abysitter.com. I stopped posting links and deleted my diaper account. 

Later, Facebook would begin deleting accounts of users who posted adult content. Dozens of ABDL users saw their accounts deleted. It soon would be time to tumble over to another site - a site with less restrictions...

...welcome, Tumblr.com. 

Folks, there is no site with less restrictions than Tumblr. 

And all you need to have to sign up is a valid email address. 

And a name. 

An alias is okay. A fake name is fine. Just make up a name, and boom! you're ready to tumble. 

And chances are many of you are tumbling already - even if some of you don't know it...








Full disclosure: traffic to my blogsite has decreased by 10 - 15% since Tumblr began. 

When I spotted my first diaper blog on Tumblr I welcomed the competition, and even posted a link to the page in my blogroll. 

I warned the blogger - a good friend of mine who has since abandoned the site - that they would be limited by Tumblr's simpleness. At the same time, its ease of use was catchy, and my friend tried to sell me on moving my blog over to Tumblr. I briefly considered it. 

Still, I write way too much to be able to use Tumblr as a serious blog host - this post is a pretty decent example of that - and I wanted to do much more than just post pictures and captions. 

Still, I worried that some of the people who contribute photos to my blog might decide instead to post pictures to their own Tumblr pages. I wondered what the effect of Tumblr - an easy, simple-to-use, photo friendly blogging platform - might have on Abysitter.com. 

It never occurred to me to wonder what affect it might have on our community...





This isn't the first time I've blogged about Tumblr. 


At that time I'd seen a photo on the site that I thought was dope as fuck. I wanted to post it on Abysitter.com, so I tried to find out who it belonged to. 

I first thought I could find the original poster on Tumblr. I went through the more than dozens of reposts until I found the original, only to find that I couldn't get his contact information from Tumblr. 

So I asked a friend from ABDLC - the pictures on Tumblr actually had the ABDLC watermark, after all. They recognized the ABDL in the photos and put me in touch. The ABDL in the photos, in turn, freaked the fuck out - he'd had no idea that his picture was being reblogged anywhere, and did not want it shared on non-diaper sites. 

It reminded me of a college baby from Georgia who a full year before had found his pictures on Facebook. He'd become alarmed that his family would see them - Facebook was rolling out facial recognition software at the time, and nobody knew how it would work yet. So he messaged me, asking me to try to help him get his pictures removed from Facebook - I did - and then took all of his diaper pictures down from RUPadded and DiaperSpace, where he assumed that they'd been stolen from. 

A year later, Tumblr was causing ABDLs the same kind of angst. 

I'm not sure if it was the blog post above, or just an increasing number of ABDL users flocking to Tumblr, but I soon began seeing a lot more complaints about the site and its practices. More and more members of our community began coming to me to complain that they, too, had found their diaper photos posted to the Tumblr platform without their permission. Some had gone through the trouble to try to get them taken down, with mixed amounts of success; others had simply given up and taken down their photos across all platforms, hoping to minimize future thefts. 

How many people have you seen that had awesome photos once, and no longer have them now? 

A member of our community named Brackishwater posted a great analysis of Tumblr on this post on the subject on Diaper-Bois.com. Check it out: 

"The existence of tumblr represents a "game changer" in the practice of posting personal kinky photos. Tumblr dramatically increases the likelihood that any photo you post on the internet can and will be seen by unintended parties. It's a really cool piece of technology, but it is largely misused and abused by people posting photos they "find" on the internet without understanding that this violates the right of the person who owns that image.
When a photo is posted to tumblr, it permeates like a spider web very quickly to other accounts. I'm looking at one of my photos right now that was posted two days ago and already reposted 14 times by separate users. Even if I can get the original poster to agree to take it down, I have to then track down the other fourteen people and ask them to do the same. Some of whom I've already asked to remove the very same photo a few weeks ago.
Tracking down these people is difficult due to the anonymous nature of tumblr. Anyone can quickly and easily sign up for an account with no "vetting" process and no administrators to ensure members are playing by the rules. Many tumblr account holders hide the contact form and do not publish an email address. You can only contact them through "fanmail" if you have been following them long enough."

Brackishwater is 100% correct. 

Tumblr is a "game changer" - for our community, and for ABDL in general. 

The "honor system" that existed when these communities were being borne in the late 1990s and early 2000s is gone. 

It has been replaced by a competition to post the cutest photos. 

And while I, like most others in our community, love nothing more than looking at adorable adult baby albums, this isn't how I want it to be accomplished. 

I don't want our community sites to become devoid of baby pictures because people become afraid to post them. But I can tick off five different users - each fucking adoooooorable - who no longer post pictures to their profiles on their diaper websites for fear of them being Tumblrized. 

And that sucks. 

It sucks for the individuals who trusted us, as a community, enough to post their pictures in the first place. 

This isn't a lifestyle that everyone can just put out there. 

I, as much or more than anyone, would like to see everyone in the world embrace and accept their inner child. ABDL should go global - who wouldn't benefit from some babying now and then? We all need to be pampered - er, Pampered - sometimes. And I'd love it if the world could look at us and see who we really are - a bunch of pretty normal people. Who just happen to wear diapers. 

But that's not the reality yet. And until it is, there will be people who want desperately to share this side of themselves with friends within the community - and only friends within the community. 

When their pictures get posted to Tumblr, that does, in fact, change the game...

I mentioned that I'm old enough to remember ABDL before there were photos to prove it. 

And I remember the great hesitation we saw when the first real ABDL community members began posting photos of their own. 

We are going to begin seeing that in reverse - a community which has become accustomed to posting photos without fear will soon begin posting less and less if we don't correct the course of our collective behavior. 

The time to begin doing so is now...




If you're not familiar with site, I've selected at random five Tumblr pages related to ABDL. You can click here, here, here, here, and here. Please note that I chose five at random - there are literally dozens, I simply selected five that have a lot of content and a decent amount of followers. 

I am not calling out five Tumblr blogs for violating copyright. In truth, each of the five above have posted dope, original content at some point or another, which is why I followed them. 

But you can quickly click on any of the above, navigate through them, and find plenty that don't. 

You'll figure out how Tumblr works in a matter of minutes. 

Full disclosure: I am by no means innocent. 

I have posted photos I've found in Google searches many times. 

I've posted whole galleries of pictures of fraternity initiations involving diapers. Halloween baby costumes. And even some pictures of people who seem to be wearing diapers for no reason at all. 

I've also posted diaper photos I've found on non-diaper sites, asking for more information on the photos. I've gotten more information on several occasions; other times nobody seems to know anything. But the fact that I posted the photos at all was probably a bad example for our community. 

What I never, ever do is go through diaper websites trolling for photos. 

You'll never see me on RUPadded.com, or DiaperSpace.com, or any of the other sites finding hot pics and reposting them. 

If you see a photo posted on this blog that you recognize as one that was legitimately posted on a diaper website somewhere, chances are good that I got permission to use it. 

In fact, it's this obtaining of permission that is the most tedious part of running Abysitter.com. 

I pride myself on posting a lot of really good content pertaining to our lifestyle - only a small fraction of which involves diaper pictures. Still, it is the diaper pictures that keep some of my viewers coming back - and, probably, the reason that traffic to my blog has decreased by more than 10% since Tumblr sites exploded in popularity.

When I see dope-ass diaper pics on a profile somewhere I hit up the ABDL who posted them and ask if they'd be open to having them posted on my blog. Often, they say yes. Sometimes, they say no - and the reasons vary widely, but usually relate to fear of having them posted anywhere than a diaper site. 

I've wanted to post my friend Nick's pictures for a long time. He and I are friends on Facebook, and have talked for a long time. But he's hesitant to have his pictures posted anywhere that he can't control them - they are some of the cutest ABDL pictures I've ever seen! Yet... I've seen them on Tumblr. 

Adam has contributed pictures to my blog. One of them I re-use often: think Disney baby. But among the various pictures he gave me permission to use, there is one that is probably one of my top 3 ABDL baby pictures of all time - it's a picture of him in a thick disposable diaper and a sailor suit. It wasn't included in the list of pictures he was down to share, so I didn't use it. Yet, there it is... on Tumblr. 

One little Canuckistanian has "little brother" status - and some adorable, adorable diaper pictures. I've hinted to him that I'd like to use them on my blog, and even though he and I have talked for years, and have spent hours even talking on the phone, I can tell that he's afraid to allow anyone else to post them. Head on over to Tumblr, however... 

The list goes on. I recently hit up a UK baby and asked him if he'd be down for sharing his pictures. His answer was that he previously would have, but he's since decided to take his pictures down everywhere because they're already making the rounds on Tumblr. His pictures are now all gone - sad, because they were cute as fuck. 

I still have way more people willing to share their pictures than not. And I've been very lucky - most of the Tumblr bloggers I've encountered have respected the copyright notice posted in every blog entry with pictures, and on the blog itself:

[PHOTOS COPYRIGHT ABYSITTER.COM]
[DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE WITHOUT PERMISSION]


Still, I do worry that my blog will start to have a problem attracting people willing to contribute pictures. The irony that legitimate sites and blogs may suffer because ones which do not respect copyright - sad. 

The fact that our community may one day have a lack of fresh, new ABDL content because the sharing has continued to grow - simply not cool...





Let's
bring back
the 
ABDL 
honor system. 

I'm asking bloggers - Blogger bloggers, WordPress bloggers, and Tumblr bloggers - to begin using the honor system of days of old. 

It's simple,
and it involves observing
a few simple rules:


#1:
BLOGGERS
When in doubt...
...leave it out. 

If you don't know, for 100% certain, that the person in the photo is the original subject of said photo - don't repost it. 

You can like a photo on Tumblr. So like it. But don't repost shit that you don't own. 

Tumblr will be less interesting for a while... but it will just force people to create more compelling stuff for Tumblr, instead of stealing stuff from other sites for Tumblr. 



#2: 
BLOGGERS:
If you must pilfer photos...
...steal asspics. 

AKA
If you see someone's face... 
...leave it in its place. 


There are a ton of pictures out there that don't 'out' our community members. 

I am definitely not encouraging people to steal diaper pictures. 

But if you're going to repost them... don't repost face pics. 

Repost ass pics. 

Diaper closeups. 

Photos that use 'the angles'. 

Pictures taken of babies in cribs from far away.

You get the idea. 


#3:
AB/DLs:
If they like it the most...
...Tumblr bloggers will repost. 

Number three is simple. 

You're a young ABDL. You've got your whole life ahead of you. You're a freshman in college, bored between classes, and you've got the dorm room to yourself. Your case of diapers from ABUniverse has just arrived, and your iPhone has an 8-megapixel camera. What are you gonna do?

You're going to take pictures...

...and share them on diaper websites. 

And I thank you for that. 

I love your pictures. 

I love the fact that you have the balls to post them. 

I love the fact that your pictures make our fetish look normal. College-age kids posting diaper pictures make anyone from outside the community who accidentally stumbles onto diaper pictures - something that used to be pretty rare but is happening more and more often, I presume - see our fetish/lifestyle as something a little more normal. 

Plus, your pictures are hot. 

So I thank you. 

But before you share your next batch of pictures, think about this:

Do YOU want to be the FACE of our fetish?

If you're cool with being the face of ABDL, please hit me up with an email. I'd love to use some of your pictures on my blog, and in an upcoming Guide to #ABDL that I'm working on. 

But before you do, think about it carefully. 

The world at large doesn't fully understand our lifestyle. 

Some people associate it with perversion. Pedophilia. Or worse. 

Will your picture, in diapers, ever surface during a background check? 

Will it be posted on the bulletin board in your college dorm? 

Will someone try to blackmail you with it? 

If you don't fear any of these things, then again - thank you for having the courage to post such dopeness, and for doing your part to make all of the rest of us appear a little more normal. 

For everyone else... take pictures that obscure your face. 

(I hate to give that advice. And, just a year ago, I reminded people that the 'honor system' exists - and that pictures posted on a diaper website were unlikely to be seen by anyone who didn't want to take the time to register and sign up for one... but um, yea... game changer). 

The only thing that would bother me more than not seeing adorable pictures on diaper sites would be seeing an adorable diaper boy have his life made more difficult because pictures he posted, for us, got shared, even inadvertently, than others. 

I've opened my blog to faceless pictures. 

I'm even finding myself advocating for them, now. 

That's sad... but it's the reality of our fetish for anyone afraid of overexposure. 



#4:
ABDLs:
If you don't mind your pictures being shared, 
don't be shy... submit them!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. 

Some of y'all have some adorable fucking baby pictures. 

And some giant, brass, diapered balls. 

For every single one of you who has weighed the risks of posting your adult baby pictures and/or diaper pictures and has decided to go for it... thank you. You are a benefit to our community. You normalize this fetish for both outsiders and for the rest of us, too. 

It is your pictures that make people opening up to themselves, and/or to our community, realize how normal they are. 

I know this because you have been donating pictures for the benefit of my blog readers since 2008. 

And they let me know how much they appreciate it. 

I've had people write to me to tell me that it was a certain AB's photo series, or a DL's diaper pictures, that gave them the courage to take some of their own. 

And your pictures, as a whole, make this look not just normal - they make it look cool

If you are cool with your pictures being out there, get them out there. 

Email me at abysitter@gmail.com

Email your favorite Tumblr blogger. 

Or create a Tumblr blog of your own and put them out there. They will be reposted, I promise. 

For every ten "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO REPOST MY PICTURES" warnings I see on diaper sites, I might see one "MESSAGE ME IF YOU WANT TO SHARE MY PICTURES" invitation. If you are someone who wants to see your pictures shared, post it up. 



#5:
EVERYONE:
If you see something that's wrong, 
do something about it. 

On Tumblr I'm seeing pictures I know are pilfered. 

When I see them I try to hit up the person I know they belong to. I send the link. Often I check the link again a few days later, and the picture is gone. Victory for what's right. 

I also see pictures that are clearly of ABies younger than 18. 

To this I simply say... what the fuck? 

How is this still acceptable in our community? 

If you see a picture of someone you know, hit them up. 

If you see a picture of someone under 18, report it. 

I never report a blog which appears to be violating copyright. Because I don't know for sure. Even when someone has told me they don't want their pictures used in the blogosphere... even when I am 99% sure that they probably have not given consent... I cannot be 100% sure. But letting a friend know where you've seen his picture... that's something we have a duty to do. People who contribute pictures to my blog are familiar with the emails they get soon after - ALERT! YOUR PHOTOS HAVE BEEN STOLEN BY ABYSITTER.COM! - and each time I hear it I tell my guest contributor they are lucky to have loyal friends. 

So be a loyal friend. 

Be a loyal ABDL community member. 

(One of my contributors read my blog for more than a year before he ever messaged me. He recently confided that he didn't like me at first - because he thought I just raped the diaper sites stealing pictures left and right. It wasn't until he found out that I work to get permission from each contributor that he decided to contribute himself. Sometimes honesty is the best policy...)



#6:
TUMBLR BLOGGERS
Have some minimum standards... jeez. 

1). KEEP IT 18+. My blog specifically states 18+. You'll find it on the banner, and along the right side of the blog. You'll also find it in many, many posts. I try to repeat it as often as possible because there is a glut of young ABDLs desperate for reading material and my blog, while not publicly searchable and advertised primarily in places with adult members, may still get underage viewers from time to time. I make it a point to post only 18+ pictures - as should we all - and following the advice of several of my younger viewers, I've removed nudity from the front page, and no longer post it in entries, as well. 

2). PUT UP CONTACT INFORMATION. My blog has my email address on the right side. There is also a 'contact' link above which includes email, phone, and messengers. In addition, I include it in many of the posts I put up. Do the same. If you are posting (or reblogging) photos you have not gotten consent to post, having contact information just makes sense. Don't make it difficult for people to contact you. Or they may just report your blog instead. 

3). MAKE IT CLEAR THAT, IF SOMEONE WANTS A PHOTO REMOVED, YOU WILL DO SO. THEN DO IT. I have recently included this little tidbit on my own blog. I know for a fact that I have gotten submissions from people who are trying to 'set me up' to post copyrighted material - someone actually submitted photos of a local ABDL that I am 100% sure does not want his photos shared beyond his one diaper profile online. Why would people do something like this? Some people just suck. They like drama. So even if you think you're 100% legit, leave room for the possibility that you might be tricked. Make sure you specifically state that you will remove a photo if necessary. It's just the right thing to do. Want to see a good example of the 'disclaimer' you should post? Click here

4). RESPECT COPYRIGHT - AND OUR COMMUNITY'S IMAGE. The fourth, and final, is the most obvious. Just respect copyright. You're smart. You know when something doesn't belong to the original reposter. Don't repost that shit. You certainly know when something isn't appropriate for a non-diaper forum like Tumblr. Poopy diapers? Never appropriate. Under 18? Never appropriate. I could go on... but I won't. 




I believe that the vast majority of Tumblr bloggers have good intentions. They are sharing photos that are, in a word, adorable. Many of the pictures I've seen on Tumblr I've seen nowhere else. If it wasn't for the fact that there is a very real person behind each picture, and the fact that I've seen some of the emotion behind ABies finding their once-private baby pictures being spread like a virus, I would probably be Tumblr's biggest fan, posting links to it right from Abysitter.com. 

If I had lower standards you'd see me posting all of the adorable pictures I see on Tumblr right here. 

Sometimes, though, being an ABDL blogger means having the best interests of the community at heart. 

Now, let me repeat that. In big, red letters, for all of y'all who are just skimming through this post hoping to find some hot stolen adult baby pictures:



Sometimes,
being an ABDL blogger
means having
the best interests of
the community
at heart. 

We are all part of a community. A community which, whether we like it or not, is viewed by the public-at-large with misunderstanding at best, and distain and disgust at worst. 

We all have a responsibility to act in accordance with our community's image. I am an example of this: my posts have taken a more responsible tone in the past few years, going from the 'outlaw ABDL' image in 2008 to a more respectable one for 2012. I write one of the few blogs that speaks to, and for, a specific community, and it's a responsibility I take seriously, something you will all see when the 'Guide to #ABDL' comes out later this year. 

Whether you are a Blogger blogger, a Wordpress blogger, a Tumblr blogger, or a blogger within a certain diaper website, I urge you to remember that our community's image is affected by our actions. So please... act like you give a fuck. 




Brackishwater, in the post referenced above, has some advice to give. It's awesome advice, so I'll repeat it here: 
"I've enjoyed posting photos of myself for the past 7 years. I've had scares in the past and temporarily took pics down to figure out what to do. They were so few and far between that it was easy enough to manage. In every instance I could get the photos taken down or appeal to an admin to have that user removed. With the introduction and wide-use of tumblr, this is no longer a realistic option.
I had to carefully consider the fact of the matter:
If I post pictures of myself online, I have to fully accept of the fact that this photo will not only be reposted without my permission, but it will now permeate many times to other blogs so quickly that there is nothing I can reasonably do to stop it. So, I've decided to no longer post any pictures.
Anyone with similar concerns should to do the same.
If you post a face-picture online, you have to be fully prepared to accept a future where this photo can be connected back to you via facial recognition technology and accept the consequences of being associated with this lifestyle. Perhaps the future will be more accepting of alternative lifestyles once technology reveals the skeletons in everyone's closet. One can only hope ;).   "




So how is Tumblr like gang rape? 

It's simple. 

As I mentioned above, I believe that most Tumblr bloggers are good people, proud of their blogs and just trying to keep dope content coming for the benefit of our community. 

Some don't care about copyright. Others may not even be aware that they are reblogging stuff that the original photo subject doesn't want reposted in the first place. 

With Tumblr, it's so easy to reblog something that it almost averts the conscience. 

You barely think about it. 

You just click, and poof! you've posted something cute to your blog. 

After all, it was posted by someone else. 

A lot of people liked it before you even saw it. 

And it's been reblogged a bunch of times already. It will almost certainly be reblogged again. 

What's the harm?

What's the harm, indeed...

With that, a parable...

Picture it. 

You're coming home from the club. 
It's Saturday at 3 a.m. 
You pass an alley. 
As you walk by, your head turns. 
There, on the ground, 
on a mattress laying on the sidewalk,
lays the most beautiful girl 
you've ever seen. 

She is laying there, 
naked from the waste down. 
Her man is on top of her,
his hands on top of her hands,
his face meeting hers. 
They are both moaning. 
She is glistening with sweat, 
sparkling in the moonlight. 
The sight is beautiful...
...and you are a little jealous of the young man
who is lucky enough to be ejaculating
in her at that moment. 

"I've got next! I've got next!"

The enthusiastic shouts are coming from
a young man standing in a group next to her. 

You suddenly realize you aren't watching
a young couple having sex
in the moonlight...
...you're watching a gang rape. 

You have three choices:

a). GTFO of there. 

b). Call 9-1-1 and report that shit!

c). Get in line. 
After all, everyone else has already banged her. 
She's fucking hot
She's not even saying no. 
Should you have to walk away
when nobody else is?
Go for it...


See what I did there? 

In the parable/example above, the 'victim' is a young club-goer. 

In the ABDL parallel example, the victim is the ABDL community.

The victim is the innocent victims of copyright violation.

The victim is hot ABDL pics for ABDL generations to come. 

If my example seems a little extreme, stick around for a while. 

You'll see future generations of ABDLs afraid to post pictures. 

You'll see a community which no longer trusts anyone, always afraid of everyone, never knowing who else might be out there, ready to violate that trust... 



I'm already seeing it. Keep your eyes open, and you will too. 



Let's fix this. 
If you have ideas,
or have been affected
by copyright violation
 in any way,
I'd love
to hear from you. 




12 comments:

Tumbleboy said...

It annoys me that you made your blog what it is today by using pictures of people and now the rest of us are supposed to jut post bullshit posts and try to get followers? That's bullshit Chris. I understand not stealing pictures but if it's on the internet, it's already out there.

Nys said...

This guy is pretty much right. Of all the people that could disparage tumblr, you've got the least right. Honestly this comes off as whining and jealousy that another site/blog/platform is 'stealing' your traffic.

Also, in defense of the website, Tumblr can definitely suck for someone that doesn't want pictures spread, but in this day and age if you don't want something spread, then you don't post it. It's common sense and you'd be a fool to assume otherwise. The only way someone would have a right to cry about tumblr is if private pictures they gave someone showed up there, and even then it's an issue with the person they gave the pictures to, rather than the blogger.

Also, your -parabole- is a straw man argument.

Anonymous said...

^^^ sounds like a couple of Tumblr blog owners.

Frankly, I am surprised you were as nice as you were too these people. I took the time to surf through the blogs you linked to, and I quickly found obvious examples of borderline child pornography posted by several of them. And the pictures that were the most inappropriate seemed to be the most shared. Is that really what our community has come down to?

I think the major mistake that you made is assuming we are really a community at all. The truth is, we are a bunch of individuals with some really shitty people among us. I believe that the people who are posting some of these images do it on purpose, because they know that they are undesirable. That's why you see so many pictures of the same people over and over. Hot diaperboys don't have their own Tumblr blogs; ugly ass old men do.

I figured that the owners of these blogs would probably not be particularly happy with you. Still? Trying to make an argument that people should have their photos spread like wildfire on the Internet just because they were crazy enough to post them on a website where one of the terms of service is clearly that photos should not be downloaded and/or uploaded anywhere else? That's pretty lousy.

Finally, I totally got your analogy. I was in a chat room on Diaper-Boys last night, and seven of the eight people in the room understood it as well. We all tried to explain it to the eighth, but could not... he didn't think there was anything wrong with posting pictures of other people against their consent, anyway. Go figure.

Nys said...

Allow me to retort. First, yes, I do use tumblr. I have two account, one mundane and one for keeping up with babyfur friends. I don't follow the mass photo repost blogs mostly due to your own reason, borderline pedo pictures. So tell me, does my use of the site somehow make my claims invalid?

Secondly, I do not approve of how many ABs and voyeurs use the platform. It does propagate pictures of people who may not want them circulating. That's wrong. Simple.

There was never any argument that people who are stupid enough to post pictures online -deserve- to have them circulated. It's simply what -will- happen. There's a difference between an ideal and the truth, unfortunately.

Finally, his comparison is understandable, but it is comparing two things that are massively different from each other. Do you think multiple rape victims would agree that someone having a few pictures shared around the internet should feel just as violated? It's a straw man argument and was essentially used as a very obvious scare tactic. Is it comprehensible? Yes. Does it hold any weight? No.

tl;dr I disapprove of how tumblr is used just as much as the next guy, but this blogger has barely a leg to stand on when it comes to this topic. If his viewer count had stayed the same or risen, I doubt we'd even be seeing this post.

Nys said...

Oh, and on a hunch I did a quick google search and found this: http://bigbabyboy29.tumblr.com/post/20693084280/abysitter .

I'd be willing to bet that over half the 'hot diaperboys' that give their pics to this guy to flout around are on tumblr doing their own flouting. Lulz

Anonymous said...

tl:dr

So why comment?

The fact that anyone uses the site should not make their argument for or against it any more or less valid.

I also have seen pictures of people from Chris's blog on tumblr, but usually not the same pictures so I assumed they had posted them on their own. The truth is tumblr has a lot of valid users who are posting pictures of themselves. It just has a few assholes who are posting pictures of people without their permission, but those few assholes are posting pictures by the hundreds.

If I were Chris what I would have done was called out a few users of tumblr as the primary violators, and link to some of the pictures of children that he mentioned. Let everyone see who the real shitheads of our community are.

Nys said...

'So why comment?'. Why do people sum up their findings in a research paper? It was a relatively long comment, it deserved a summary.

Anyways, I agree with your later points, aside from the advice to link to offending photos. These perverts don't need any more advertising than they're already getting, not unless there's something that can be done about them.

Abysitter said...

I disagree with all of you! I think you all suck!

No, not really. But I have responded to some of the posts here with an actual blog post. Click here to read it. Not that I couldn't have just continued the debate in the comments here... I was already working on an entry clarifying some things when I read these comments, so I thought I'd post in both places. If anyone wants to write a 'guest entry' on the subject I'd be happy to consider it.

I strongly disagree with your statement

"Tumblr can definitely suck for someone that doesn't want pictures spread, but in this day and age if you don't want something spread, then you don't post it. It's common sense and you'd be a fool to assume otherwise. The only way someone would have a right to cry about tumblr is if private pictures they gave someone showed up there, and even then it's an issue with the person they gave the pictures to, rather than the blogger."

I have been around long enough to remember when people did indeed believe that they could post their pictures to diaper sites without fear of them being stolen. It may seem crazy now, but our community was once an actual community, consisting of people with names and personalities. You didn't dirt on other ABDLs because the community was small enough to make things difficult for you if you did. There were always rogue pedo's who weren't allowed in the closer-knit communities anyway, but they posted shit on their own sites and eventually would get shut down. For everyone else, it was Aby.com, RUPadded, DiaperSpace, etc. and if you saw theft it was someone posing as another member in place of using their own pictures. You certainly never saw this posting-just-to-post shit. This is new.

I think part of what's happened is that our community has had some time to be on the internet. It's growing, and many of its members are under 18, too young for most respectable diaper sites but old enough to hunger for ABDL pictures. A lot of the Tumblr kids are in that age range, probably, where reposting pics they might only have access to by setting up a fake account is now possible. That's a problem for me, as someone who has advocated for keeping diaper sites 18+ (to abide by US laws, as much as anything else); still, without moderators and a community it's unavoidable. Welcome to Tumblr, home of 13yo hipsters and ABDLs of any age.

One real problem I have is that a few Tumblr bloggers make a regular practice of posting pictures of people well under 18, and so many of our 18+ bloggers reblog that shit. I was a teen baby too. Some of the pictures you might see online are innocent. But some are not. Some of the kids whose pictures are shared around the web were diapered by adults, and the pictures were taken during the abuse. Why are we sharing these pictures? You don't see them on respectable diaper sites, and Facebook has ways to delete them, although it struggles to keep up. Tumblr? LOL... post anything.

I agree that I could post links to a few Tumblr blogs and my case would be made. But I also agree that I don't want to give the shitheads any more exposure than they deserve.

As for my argument being a 'straw man' argument, I'll admit I had to look that up. :P It wasn't a scare tactic as much as a shock tactic. Posting stolen ABDL pictures does have victims, and make no mistake, they are being violated. They probably FEEL violated. The fear that their pictures may go from a diaper Tumblr to a weird-shit-of-Tumblr blog and from there go mainstream... has to be pretty scary, especially for those younger ABDLs. So I guess it was a 'shock tactic'. Not saying that anyone who uses Tumblr is a rapist; AM saying that, if you post stolen pictures knowingly, you are symbolically raping this community, and violating individuals at the same time. Hope I cleared that up...

Thomas said...

Cwis I am in total agreement 100%. I was 15 when I put up pictures on Aby.com 4 years ago. I violated the TOS. But now people are taking my pictures all over the net. I honestly did think that copyright violation laws would prevent my pictures from being used anywhere. And that obviously isn't the case, but now I'd think that the fact that I was obviously a child would. That doesn't either. WTF? That's such shit.

Baby Inky said...

Hey Cwris I couldn't agree more with what you have said about Tumblr. Time and time again I see posting of pics from copyrighted paysites and such that people would normally have to pay to get any of those pictures, unless they were samples to which it's a way to get people to go to their paysites to get similar pictures.

I was on some original yahoo groups and such. Yes I posted pictures of myself on some of those groups. To say the least, I've been humiliated by finding picture of me in the most unlikely, uncompromising blogs and websites depicting abdl's in not so flattering ways. Not only did I humiliate myself but for anyone identifying as an abdl. Unfortunately I can't request for those pictures to be deleted, rather they are out there in perpetuity, never to be eliminated.

So yes, be cautious about where of how you post your pictures, especially if your face is visible, as mine usually are. I do like seeing pictures with faces, though. It makes the pictures look that much better. I do usually click liking certain pictures rather than reposting them. The pics that I've found online that aren't requesting not to be reposted or copyright to them, I will risk posting on tumblr. In one case I recently deleted Brachishwater's picture at his request and apologize for having posted it and will do the same for anyone else who requested it. People do have rights and will abide by their requests everytime.

Thanks for the excellent blog. Hope this gets results.

Virgo said...

I was 100% in agreement with you until you made the rape analogy. Bad form :(

Anonymous said...

Wow these comments seem so out of date now! Tumblr is mostly real people posting real pictures, and the few people reposting the old stolen pics get shut down fast! And your blog has become less of a place where I find pictures and more of a place where I find real commentary and news and stuff. But I remember when this was written, and Tumblr was such a different place.