I receive Google news alerts on stories where "diaper" is mentioned in an article. This is how I manage to come up with so many sad "HallOfShame" entries.
This week, one story was pushed to the top of my news alerts, and it's stayed there. It made me sick to my stomach; a story about child abuse so shocking that the child in question, a five year-old boy, was found starved to the point of frailness, beaten so severely he had skin falling off his body.
This is heartbreaking enough, until you come to the part of the story that thrust this little boy into my news alerts. Like so many other stories - Christian Choate, etc. - and like some of the people in our own community, the little boy was being kept in only a diaper.
At first I wasn't going to link this story. The photos are horrific, and I know some people had flashbacks when I posted the updates about Christian Choate. Today I saw that Anonymous has made this story a cause célèbre, however; it's going to blow up, probably. You're going to see in across Facebook and Twitter. You might as well see it here.
I'll be helping. I hope, if you have the means, you'll consider doing so as well.
WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES
No comments:
Post a Comment