Sunday, February 12, 2012

Message - Revisited

I was looking through my blog analytics a few days ago, and was surprised to find my blog entry, "Message", has gotten the third-highest number of hits of all the entries I've written.

The #1 and #2 ("Looking for blog contributors!", February 14, 2010 and "Visiting Orlando? Let's hang... FAQs", February 15, 2010) are both from a full year before. The #4 blog entry is my Christmas entry from 2008, and #5 ("Baby Pictures: Shawn - Part II") is also from early 2010.

But the third most popular blog entry - and rising - is "Message".

And I'm glad about that, because of all the entries I've written, none mean more to me than this one.

I'm linking to it from the front page of my blog, again, for two reasons.

First, I have a TON of new blog readers. Many make me aware that they've read back months, even years. Some even claim to have read from start to finish. Still, this is blog entry number 517 since November 2008; it would be easy to miss one.

Second, following my recent entry on independence ("Do Unto Others..." February 7) I've had an outpouring of messages, both from abies who are wondering if they're the subject of my writings and from friends of abies who believe they have friends in our community who may be. I have heard some stories that saddened me, and I've talked to some abies and DLs who are pretty depressed about the situations they're in. Since I'm sure I've only heard from a fraction of those out there... "Message."

Please read... comment... and use the buttons at the very bottom of the entry to share.

Y'all really ARE dope as fuck...

http://abysitter.blogspot.com/2011/05/message.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just as awesome the second time. Thanks.