Another CAPCON is in the books!
This year's event was my second time at the Chicago Ageplayers Convention, and my first as a presenter. It was just as magical this time around as it was in 2016 - and even moreso in some ways. I'll get that in a moment.
First of all, a huge thank you to everyone who came out for the class Baby Spencer and I ran on Friday. We spent over an hour talking about the history of the Internet as it relates to the ABDL community, with some info on challenges - 18+, cyber bullying, etc. - thrown in. We had a good turnout, young and old - a nice li'l cross-section of the community. Among those in attendance were 'Little Jenny' and 'Baby Haribo', two names I recognized from my first years in the community. Both had well-known ABDL sites back in the 1990s, so it was exciting to see them in our class about ABDL sites of old.
During the class Spencer and I asked attendees to share some details of their first time – meaning, their first time discovering they weren't alone in their love for diapers. We heard stories from folks who first organized diaper events on Internet Relay Chat, and we heard stories from young people whose first experiences were on recent sites like FetLife. It was cool to hear about how people discovered they were the only one into this crazy fetish of ours, and we thank everybody who shared their stories. Thanks to Jenny, Haribo, Myles, Kadamonster, Pup Delta, Crash, Daddy Paul, and everyone whose name I didn't get.
I am hoping to put the PowerPoint presentation we showed together as a slideshow or document and share it with the community on my blog it's the near future. I should have more on that soon. If you shared your story at our class please send me your thoughts via email or FetLife, I'd love to link them to the presentation we are working on!
It was cool to attend CAPCON and see old friends, including folks from last year and some others I've known for many years. It was also cool meeting new people this year, including a bunch of people I've been friends with on the diaper sites (and even my personal Facebook) for years but hadn't ever gotten to meet until this weekend. So many dope abies in one place is such an amazing experience!
I saw comments on Fetlife that I missed meeting some people who'd hoped to meet up, including folks who entered my last photo contest - bummer! My apologies to anyone who wanted to get a chance to meet and we weren't able to. Next year we've decided to have a little get-together in our room, so watch the Fetlife CAPCON group for information on that closer to the event, and please come. I'm not into crowds and huge room parties, and much prefer to sit back, relax, and chill. Look for it to be something like that - littles in the playpen, grown folks on the sofa just hashing it out. I can't wait - wish I could buy my ticket today!
A definite highlight this year was overhearing people talking about me who didn't have any idea they were standing near me hehehe. On three different occasions I got to hear people sounding kind of excited that I was around, although all of the conversations were after our class, damn it. Still, it was cool to hear two of my Facebook friends talking to each other excitedly, trying to figure out when I would be teaching. "Bruh, Abysitter is here..." one said. I probably should have cut in and said "yea, right here..." but nobody wants to be that guy with an ego. Or a lurky eavesdropper.
On a related note, a definite lowlight this year would have to be finding myself near two of my Facebook friends/acquaintances, also apparently unaware of who they were standing next to, and listening to them talk shit about other people I am friends with who were at the event. Plotting to exclude people in some sort of petty cliquishness defines certain segments of the gay ABDL community, and it's not a good look. I would hate to be young and gay in this community, tbh. As someone who has been closed out of events because, well, controlling diaper daddies, I can say with certainty that the people who engage in this type of behavior are a shitstain on the diaper of humanity. Don't be one of them. Especially if we're friends on Facebook. (If you're reading this, there's a good chance you know who you are, but if you have to ask if it was you, that's still pretty shitty.)
Overhearing that shit might have discouraged me more, except I had the good fortune to be spending the weekend with someone who is, for lack of a better term, dope as fuck. I met Tyson at CAPCON 2016 - I knew he was a dope-ass little dude when he pet the service animal in violation of the rules lol - and he and I went out to dinner and decided to room together this year. So glad we did. Ty spent most of the weekend this year reaching out to people who were alone like it was his job, talking to anyone and everyone - and, especially, anyone who looked like they weren't having a good time. Our community needs more of that.
If you've never been to a Con, you're missing out. So many amazing people and experiences to be had, all for the price of a ticket and a hotel room. And, if you were lucky, you got to attend a Cwis and Baby Spencey class hehe... can't wait to do the next one.
I'll have some Baby TyTy pics up this week, and we'll get our class materials posted soon as well.
Ty, see you soon.
Same with some of my other New York friends - can't wait to see you again!
Everyone else, see you at CAPCON 2018!!!

4 comments:
Now I want to know WHO!!!
Glad we got to meet up. It was fun for sure. -
Next year definitely gonna be there.
Hey Cwis, I missed meeting up with you. I could'a added history to your class if I'd been there, maybe next year?
Post a Comment