Up until recently I thought I was the only person in our community who was absolutely clueless when it came to which manufacturer made which diaper. Thanks to the flood of recent lawsuits, though, I now realize I'm far from alone.
I actually bookmark the 'price of every diaper ever made' charts people post on Tumblr, not so much for the 'price per unit' figures but so I can figure out which company makes which diaper without having to go to all of their respective websites. (At least one or two instantly send you a new *'you forgot something in your cart!'* message anytime you pass by, even accidentally lol.)
Simple? Overnites? Space? Space Cadet? Spacepaws? I honestly forget who made which sometimes. There are so many, and half of them have to be translated from Italian. I usually start to recognize a diaper once I've seen it enough, but sometimes even that fails me. Safari vs. Crinklz? They all have freaking zoo animals... I swear I thought they were both the same diaper, just different generations, for a while.
And please don't get me started on the quality of these things. Which manufacturers are sending out diapers with tapes that don't stick? Which ones are sending out diapers with tapes that pop off? Damned if I know most of the time. Just when I've decided not to buy from 'X' company for a while, voila! Engineering has come up with a way to get the tapes to stick again, or the diaper not to split down the back, or the tapes not to tear off, or the pinholes not to leak, or (insert whatever production issues various companies have through the years here)... and the problem is solved! It's safe to buy again!
But wait, not so fast - it seems if you're buying from some diaper re-sellers, or buying one manufacturer's product from another, or buying diapers in another country, you may be getting *old stock.* Drat! Stuck with the shitty diapers again.
Seriously, until recently being ABDL-diaper-manufacturer-blind was my secret shame. These lawsuits have made me realize there must be many others.
Still, I hope all of these suits are able to be settled in short order, with minimal collateral damage to the community and without any of the companies who service our community suffering significantly. More importantly, I hope that this doesn't turn into something more than a courtroom brawl. I feel like the arrival of the FDA and/or Customs won't be good for anyone. While some of the community clearly have a strong allegiance for or against various diaper manufacturers, mine is to the variety that is created by a strong marketplace with lots of competition.
I'm old enough to remember when the battle for market share of adult diapers was just as fierce, but there were only two major players: Depend and Attends. And while Attends were the obviously superior product, unsavvy consumers kept buying Depend, making it the dominant brand, and leaving ABDLs stuck with nothing but awful light green diapers sold in most stores once Attend sold and stopped manufacturing for a while.
The arrival of ABDL companies onto the scene was very welcome, indeed. The more that arrive, the better for all of us. I hope they change all their fonts, put stickers on their packaging, stop buying from the competitors' factories, [insert whatever other shitty things these companies do in the battle for our diaper dollars] - do whatever else is necessary to keep adorable diapers coming off the line.
I'll be watching the pages of social media just like everyone, waiting for the latest word in ABDL diaper drama from the various *AwwSoCute v Rearz* / *ABU v Tykables* / *Rearz v Everyone* lawsuits we've been seeing of late. But I hope that they are *all* able to be settled quickly, and that each of these companies continue to serve us, and that even more new companies enter the marketplace as time goes on. If there is one thing I love being confused by it's the sheer number of diaper manufacturers, and all of the different diapers, finally available to our community.
At the end of the day IDFAG who made it, or what it's called, or what font is used on the box... if it's cute I'll spend an hour or two trying to sleuth out which site it's sold on, probably eventually buy it, and hope that I don't have to use too much duct tape to keep it on. (Please don't let there be pinhole leaks!) At least this one's not a putrid light green color...
**TL;dr - I felt like I was the only one who couldn't tell a Bambino from a BetterDry until all of these lawsuits came out. I don't so much care who wins or loses as long as all of these companies continue to service the ABDL community with adorable diapers of varying quality lol.**
2 comments:
100%
I don't get this whole lawsuit. Tykables has far less stock, but the quality is so much higher - why would they want to associate themselves with ABU products, which are stocked well but not original at all? Change the name.
Post a Comment