Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Abysitter.com Turns Four! - PLEASE SHARE!

[CWIS'S NOTE] I AM ASKING MY REGULAR READERS TO GIVE MY BLOG A B-DAY PRESENT - AND SHARE IT WITH A FRIEND, OR FRIENDS, OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS. TO READ MORE, PLEASE SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS ENTRY. 

On Sunday this blog celebrated a birthday.


That's right... four years old!!

When I began this blog on November 25, 2008 I had no idea what it would become. I was simply looking for a place to write more than I could include in a bio on Aby.com. I'd blogged on MySpace, and my MySpace diaper page had actually attracted quite a few regular readers - mostly unbeknownst to me. But my blog mostly consisted of updates on my road trip (dates, locations) and a few photo sets. No real stories, or anything like that. Still, I had no idea how many people were actually regularly reading it when I started this one. Only once people started hitting me up after reading this one did I realize how long some of y'all have been with me. 

When I began this blog, there were very few ABDL blogs. Of those I found, only two or three were actually active. Many have begun since I started blogging. Some have started and stopped, and others post sporadically. A few are very active.

This is my 753rd blog entry in four years. That's, on average, more than one blog entry every two days. Many have been blog entries about nothing. Others have been parts of whole series, including the What Makes Us Tick series in 2010; the Q&A Series I started last year; a whole host of guest entry baby picture (and diaper picture) photosets; my photo contest from summer 2012; the Hall of Shame, and, of course, even a few entries I've written myself.

In the four years that I've been blogging, you guys have stuck with me - and then some

You've subscribed to the blog and joined my short-lived mailing list. 

Some of you have sent in suggestions and submissions. 

You've entered - and sponsored - my contests. 

You've taken my surveys. 

You've submitted stories, Q&As, and more. 

You've sent in adorable baby pictures, diaper pictures, furry pictures... all kinds of cuteness has graced these pages. 

You've done a lot for me, for this blog, and for my readers. 

But, mostly, you've just continued to read the blog. 

I still remember when my view counter told me that I'd gotten my first reader - beside me. I was so excited! 

There was a time that I would count daily viewers on one hand. 

During 2008 and 2009 I made a habit of announcing viewer milestones on the blog. But I didn't really track the analytics. It wasn't until February 2010 that I began tracking it on a regular basis. 

On February 23, 2010 I had gotten 21,025 unique daily views. This means I'd essentially averaged 44 average daily viewers up until that point. Keeping in mind that for several weeks I'd averaged 1 daily viewer - me - and for weeks more I'd averaged a dozen or less a day - 44 daily viewers was pretty surprising to me, and exciting. 

For the remainder of that year I averaged 110 unique daily viewers. Not bad...

In 2011 Abysitter.com had 49,626 daily viewers - an average of 139 readers every day. (I'd spent the first half of the year at 160/day, but then took a break for almost a month, and saw it drop to 100). 

So far, for 2012, the blog has already surpassed 50,000 unique dailies - fuck yea! - and we're back, averaging 154.11 unique daily views this year. 

 With the advent of Tumblr, and Facebook pages, that rip ABDL pictures right off of websites, I had been expecting my numbers to drop. I figured a lot of my readers who only came here for the hot photos would move on over to Tumblr, where the photos are plentiful. That obviously hasn't happened - or at the very least many of us are visiting Tumblr and Abysitter.com. 

154 viewers/day - and 155,000+ unique daily views since birth?

More than 400,000 total views since I began counting them?

For a diaper blog that blocks Google searches and doesn't spam anywhere besides diaper websites and a diaper-only Facebook and Twitter account, that's pretty fucking dope. 

For a diaper blog that makes a concerted effort to only post pictures that have been donated by the subjects of them... well, you get the idea. 

And you all are directly responsible for it. 

So I have to say thank you.

NOW I'D LIKE TO ASK YOU TO DO SOMETHING. 

I'M HOPING THAT,
AS A BIRTHDAY GIFT TO THE BLOG
(HEHEHE)
YOU'LL TAKE A MOMENT TO SHARE IT. 

PLEASE POST A LINK TO IT SOMEWHERE. 
SOMETHING SIMPLE,
LIKE

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABYSITTER.COM!" 

 POST IT IN A TWITTER TWEET,
A FACEBOOK STATUS UPDATE,
A STATUS UPDATE ON YOUR FAVORITE DIAPER SITE,
OR JUST AN EMAIL TO A FRIEND. 


I'm asking you to consider helping to directly grow the blog. 

And I'm asking this for a reason. 

It's because, in the four years that I've been blogging, in addition to the dozens of people who have contributed to the blog, I've been hit up by scores more. 

I've been contacted in the comments. On diaper sites. On YIM. 

I've been emailed, and I've been texted. 

Many of you just made small talk. 

Some didn't really say much of anything. 

But some of you - quite a few of you, actually - let me know how much some of the entries you've read here have meant to you. 

Some of you say you've found your diaper awareness in the entries authored by me and others. Some of what you've read here has helped you accept this side of yourself. 

You value this blog. It's more than just a place to come and fap. 

It really means something. 

I know there are a lot of ABDLs out there who've never heard of it. 

And I don't go share-begging, like you see on a lot of sites and blogs, very often. 

But today, as we turn four, I'm asking you to do it just once. 

Figure out someone to share this with, or a place to share it, and go for it. 

Just keep it ABDL, and 18+. 

As I said in my "Message" blog in 2011: y'all are dope as fuck

Thanks. 


Cwis

PS - Note the helpful share buttons, below... ;)

2 comments: