Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Laundry Mishaps...

I usually do my own laundry at the laundromat in town. My place is too small for a washer/dryer, so I go to the laundromat weekly. I go to the one with the regular attendant. Because otherwise, laundromats in Orlando are the chill spots for homeless panhandlers and people who would like to steal your clothes...

Sometimes when things get busy I have them do the wash and fold. Usually costs me about double, but time is money, so when I'm running short on time I spend the money. My regular laundry lady knows my clothes better than I do; for example, she knows which shirts not to put in the dryer and hang, and she folds everything so much neater than I could ever hope to do.

Over the last three years I've lived in my new place she's gotten to know me well enough to know that there might be a surprise in my hamper from time to time. Like the time she washed and folded my plastic pants. Or another time when she remarked about my incredible collection of cartoon underwear lol.

But when I went earlier this week, nothing prepared me for what I saw sitting on top of my laundry basket: my "MY MOMMY THINKS I'M SPECIAL" T (purchased for Road Trip 2006) - and my paci and paci clip. EEK!

On the weekends I put that shirt on, diaper up, and spend most of my free time sucking on that pacifier. I even take my pacifier around town on my days off, although with a different, less in-your-face shirt and the paci tucked in. Usually, on laundry day, I remember to take the pacifier clip off and throw it in my diaper bag. Looks like I forgot...

"Awwwwww," the laundry lady said. "I just love your mom'a sense of humor."

Right. My mom probably wouldn't laugh if she saw me in that outfit. But I'm glad I have a chill laundry lady at least. Just wanted to share that with y'all.

No comments: