Friday, January 28, 2011

2,000 Unique Hits This Week - OMFG.




For all of you who are tired of me bragging about my blog views - and that's probably 99% of you, I know - you can skip this entry. It's another braggy post.

For anyone who is interested, though, please keep reading.

This week I hit a record: 2,000 unique hits in the past 7 days.

For any blog, that's pretty good. For a blog about DIAPERS? That's amazing.

To put it in perspective, it's an average of 285 viewers each day, about 12 an hour every hour for a week. WTF!

More than 50% of my traffic came from an ABKingdom post. (You ABKingdom'ers... I love you guys! Keep doing whatever it is you're doing, because the traffic I'm getting is DOPE!)

The rest came from other diaper sites, several blogs, and even Google searches.

Pageviews are a bit different. A 'unique hit' is a person visiting any page on my blog in a given 24-hour period. That same person can come back 50 times in a day, and view one page or one million on my blog, but they still only count for one unique hit. A pageview, on the other hand, is each page that is viewed. If a person visits my main page and then clicks on a link at the right to view an older entry, that's two page views.

I mention this because, during the month of January so far, Abysitter.com has had 5,000 uniques. It's had 19,033 pageviews so far, which implies that viewers are visiting not only the front page, loaded with 5-10 blog entries on any given day; they're clicking around and visiting an average of four pages on each visit.

Sweet stuff.

If you're curious about the numbers, the top ten source of pageviews since the blog came into existence are listed below:

United States: 57,575
Canada: 5,619
United Kingdom: 5,194
France: 5,095
Germany: 4,871
Spain: 1,006
Netherlands: 834
Australia: 810
Sweden: 748
Austria: 517

I've found someone willing to translate Abysitter.com material into French, so some of my entries will be in French soon. If any of you speak German, Spanish, or the languages of any of these other countries, and enjoy translating, hit me up. (I have been accused of being verbose, just so you know in advance... lol).

If you were curious, 70% use windows, 21% use Mac, and 7% use iPhone, iPad, iPod, Blackberry, and Playstation 3.

(Seriously, PlayStation 3? That's some diaper fiending right there.)




I mention all of this not to brag, but because I'm extremely proud of how far this blog has come. I'm not lying when I say that, in its first weeks and months, I got nearly NO views. I wondered if it would ever take off. And it has... holy fuck, it has.

I asked y'all last month to help me out by linking the blog to your Twitters, RUP pages, YIM status messages, and all of that. Some of you have, and I have to say... thanks.

Expect a lot more, and better, stuff in 2011.

And keep helping me out: send pictures (18+), stories (true), and your feedback.

And, more hits.

Love you guys...



Cwis
Abysitter.com
abysitter@gmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats... your blog rocks, kid.

AB Daddy Sam