Monday, January 10, 2011

Abysitter.com Survey Results - Part I

Abysitter.com Survey Results
January 10, 2011
Part I


On January 9th I posted a survey and invited readers of my blog to take it. In a period of twenty-four hours, sixty of you did. I was overwhelmed and, I must say, pretty pleased. My blog gets 100, 150, 200 viewers a day, but sometimes days will go by between comments or messages. I was expecting a dozen or so respondents. Sixty? You guys rock.

And I say guys because, among the other things I learned, I learned that my blog is a virtual sausagefest. Which shouldn't be a surprise. But 96% male?

Below are the details of what I've learned. If you haven't taken the survey yet, please do. I'll be posting a link to it in the right side of my blog and, over time, I'll be developing more surveys. Thanks for taking this one... and hope you continue to take them!


Gender
My blog is primarily male, as I mentioned above: 96% male, 4% female.


Age
I'd always pictured my readership as being a mixture of older guys and middle-aged guys, with some younger guys thrown in. I was suprised to learn that, at least among respondents to the survey, my blog viewers tend to be on the young side! Nearly 50% of my readers are college aged, and three-quarters are under age 30.

24% (14)18-20
22% (13)21-23
17% (10)24-26
13% (8)27-29
12% (7)30-34
3% (2)35-39
1% (1)40-44
1% (1)45-49
1% (1)50-54
1% (1)55-59
0% (0)60-64
0% (0)Older Than 65
0% (0)Younger Than 18


Username
I was hoping that people would include usernames so I could figure out who was reading my blog. Fifteen people did, and I know two little Canuckistanians well enough to know them by their answers.


Primary AB/DL Classification
36% of my readers consider themselves primarily adult babies, and 18% teenbabies or collegebabies, totaling 54% on the AB side of the fetish. 31% consider themselves primarily DLs, 8% furries,1% pups, and 3% "none of these". There were no daddies, mommies, or sitters responding to my survey.


Secondary AB/DL Classification
I asked respondents to list all of the roles that they plan in this fetish/lifestyle. They broke down as follows:

70% Adult Baby
70% Diaper Lover
70% Collegebaby/Teenbaby
26% Daddy or Sitter
18% Babyfur
16% Pup
15% Sissybaby

10% listed themselves as something other than above, and the fill-in answers to this question included big bro (3), lion cub (1), living bear costume (1), and little boy (1). And 0% considered themselves mommies.


Fetishes
I asked respondents to list other fetishes, as well.

85% (46) Ageplay/Roleplay
70% (38) Diaper Discipline
64% (35) Spanking
46% (25) Bondage
42% (23) Watersports/Piss
22% (12) Scat/Messy
37% (20) Pup Play
37% (20) Underwear/Speedo/Briefs
14% (8) Other Fetish

Among the 'other' responses: humiliation; spit; tickling; PVC; rubber/latex; cross-dressing; wedgies; facials; shaving; feet.


Sexuality
The majority of my respondents were gay: 63%, or 18 of 60 respondents. An equal amount were bi (18%, or 11 respondents) and straight (18%, or 11 respondents.)


Location
I asked respondents to enter their location, and most did. I found that a number of my blog readers hail from a number of centralized location, including Orlando (6), Ontario (6), the state of Iowa (3), the state of Washington (3), and the state of Kansas (3). In addition, I had readers from New Hampshire, Vancouver, Ottowa, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, Texas, California, Colorado, North Carolina, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, and Arizona. In addition, respondents came from Australia, Germany, Ireland, France, and the UK.


Regularity
I was surprised to learn that more than one-half of my blog readers visit the blog once a week or less. I typically get 100 viewers per day minimum, and I've had 150, 200, and over 500 on certain days. I always wonder if it's the same 100 people who come every day, or if my blog is really growing. Turns out at least fifty of the people who visit my blog each day only come by once a week; making the math work for me, that means that a minimum of 350 people view my blog every week, and the other 350 on a daily basis. That's a lot of readers!

20% of my viewers, on the other hand, visit the blog on a daily basis; another 18% come to the view the blog several times each week. Yay for loyalty! And, surprisingly, 10% of the respondents were viewing the blog for the first time.


To Be Continued...
Half of you won't read the rest of this for another week. One-fifth of you will read the remaining survey results tomorrow. Stay tuned...

...and thanks, again, for responding!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cwis,

Didn't see your survey until tonight but just had to say I am strictly a Dadda and I replied.

Sort of addicted to this blog.

Thanks for a great read.
Dadda Chris