Saturday, October 27, 2012

150,000 Views!

Whoooooopee! 150K.

Someone just texted me to congratulate me on 150,000 blog views. I checked the blog, and sure enough... 150K! 


The views at the bottom of the blog are considered daily unique views. It's a measurement of how many people view the blog on a daily basis. On January 1 we were at 104K, which means so far this year I've gotten 46,000 unique daily views. That is amazing for a blog that is not publicly searchable and doesn't advertise - besides spamming forums, of course. ;]

The numbers show that this blog's average daily views for 2012 have been 151. The clock resets every 24 hours so it means every day, on average, 151 different people check out the blog.

The number in the column to the right shows the number of total views. Every time you click on a page on my blog it adds +1 to this number. This number shows that my blog viewers tend to click on an average of 2.5 pages. This means you're not only coming to check out the latest entries, but many of you are clicking back and reading old entries too. That's what's up!

Sometimes I'll fail to post for a week or two and my blog's views will slow down. Other times my link will be featured at the top of ABKingdom, and I will get 2K views in a single day. My contest over the summer had the blog at over 200 hits daily. Still, the fact that we are averaging 150 daily viewers means I've managed to maintain where I was at the peak, last summer. You guys rock for continuing to come back on such a regular basis.

I am being honest when I say the reason people come back so much has a lot to do with my guest contributors. You who send me adorable pictures, stories, and Q&A answers? You guys rock. Please continue to be a part of this with me, and if you've never contributed, please think about doing so for the first time. In the meantime, I think every single one of you who added numbers to the 150,009. Whether today is your first visit, or you've visited every single one of the 1,432 days my blog has existed... you are the 150K I'm so proud of today.

Considering I worried nobody would ever read my blog when I first started it in November 2008, I think we are doing pretty good.

Thank you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, congratulations Cwis. I've been with you since you were announcing 10,000 views, then 25,000. 150K is pretty amazing.

Heccccky said...

Original reader since day one. Congratulations. I knew this blog was going places right from the beginning, it was way better than anything else at the time in terms of writing, and honestly still is.

Anonymous said...

Congwats Cwis!

Anonymous said...

For real!!!!!!

150K is huge.