Sunday, April 7, 2013

But first, a few notes about the contest...




FIRST, A COUPLE OF NOTES ABOUT THE CONTEST...



Firstly, I don't get to pick favorites. 

I am like everyone else - I like certain entries better than others. 
That's human nature. 
Some entries speak to me.
And they might not be the ones you think. 
Some of my favorites did very well
in this contest. 
But others that I liked didn't win at all. 
I don't usually share my favorites...
I try to stay neutral. 
It's part of being the person who runs the contest. 
And, truthfully, I'm appreciative of
the effort every entrant
put into this contest. 

And, to be truthful: 
if I were to enter, I'd never win a prize. 
I'd love some of these prizes! 
But... nope. 

I do want to share what I've decided was my favorite photo
from the contest I ran in July 2012. 

I usually don't do this. 

But one picture last contest spoke to me. 

It reminded me of me, as a teen...
'Little Cwis'. 

If you've been reading this blog for a while,
you probably know that I used to
lay in bed, padded,
and write diaper stories. 

Sometimes with illustrations. 

This was before the internet was readily available. 
It was before diaper websites,
diaper story pages. 

It was before I even realized that I wasn't
the only kid who hadn't outgrown diapers. 

Just me, my pen and pad, and my fantasies. 

Fantasies about whole groups of people who still wore diapers. 
Diaper high schools. 
Diaper universities. 
Diaper resort islands. 
You get the idea. 

So when I saw this photo, I was like... 
damn... that reminds me so much of me. 

Check it: 

 
When I was growing up, 
my mattress had two kinds of stains:
pee stains,
from when my homemade garbage bag diapers leaked, 
and pen stains, from when I fell asleep
with a pen in my hand. 

If I'd had the internet as a 14yo I would've been addicted.

But in the absence of the internet, 
I wrote diaper stories, 
stuff like that.

I am sharing this with you
because this photo didn't win a prize. 

It got a low number of votes. 

Others were wildly popular. 

I'm not sure why, 
but what it comes down to is, 
this isn't a contest about what my favorites are. 

I'm not picking the winners here. 

Or even influencing the votes. 

I'm just setting up the contest, 
attracting sponsors who are willing to donate prizes, 
and bringing it all to you. 

You pick the winners. 
Not me. 




Second, putting on these contests isn't cheap. 

I estimate that, even with all of the 
awesome sponsors who came through with prizes,
costs for the prizes I've donated,
some shipping costs,
and an upgrade on the poll site
(when your votes surpassed the site's 'free plan' limit, lol)
will cost me about $200. 

That's a good chunk of money to put out, for anyone. 
Definitely for me.  

Add to that the time I've spent putting it together. 
I'm talking hours of emailing sponsors, 
communicating with photo contributors, 
putting together a few dozen entries,
and tabulating the winners. 

I've spent whole afternoons on this.

I love blogging. 
I love the ABDL community. 
I love diapers. 
And I love you guys. 

This blog is a 'labor of love' - 
and this contest is definitely an investment worth making,
whether it's dollars or hours. 

But it doesn't come cheap. 

Your donations
make these contests possible. 

If you want to donate money toward the next contest, 
check out the donation link 
to the right of the blog,
or email me

If you can't, 
consider contributing in another way:
email me some of your baby pics 
(18+, always)
a true ABDL story you write,
or complete a 
Q&A. 

This contest is well worth every hour I've put into it. 
And every penny I've spent. 
But please...
...help make my investment pay off. 




Third, I want to thank all of the sponsors who have donated prizes. 

You'll see each prize, and/or contest sponsor info link,
as the prizes are announced, up next. 
In the meantime, 
please make a note of their websites,
and visit them the next time you're looking for ABDL merch. 

SUPPORT THE COMPANIES
WHO SUPPORT US,
NOT JUST THE COMPANIES WHO MAKE MONEY FROM US. 

WindmanSA 

 And be sure to hit them up and say thank you. 
Send them an email,
follow them on Twitter, 
or just let them know Cwis sent you. 

I will be running more contests,
including a story contest
and my next photo contest in July 2013. 

Sponsors make a big difference. 

So tell them thanks,
and shop with them when you buy ABDL stuff. 

Thanks!



Finally, if you have feedback, I want to hear from you.

There was a space for feedback in the voting poll.
But I've heard from no fewer than
five people
who admitted they wouldn't be voting because
they don't want to pick between friends. 
 Some of you who entered the contest didn't vote, either. 
And you may have feedback for me
that you didn't have at voting time. 

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, 
please email me at 





Contest entrants will be getting a special email from me tomorrow. 
Watch your inboxes!

If you won a prize, please email me
and put "PRIZE" in the subject header
so I can get things poppin' with prize distribution. 

DON'T WAIT, EMAIL ME TODAY. 





Now, for what you've been waiting for... the awards... 
refresh this blog
and stay tuned...  

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NO FAIR PLAYING FAVORITES!

Jkjk.