THE CONTEST RESULTS ARE IN!
KEEP REFRESHING THE BLOG...
I'LL BE POSTING
THE WINNERS OF
EACH PRIZE CATEGORY
EVERY 5-10 MINUTES.
First, I want to thank everyone for entering my second #ABDL Photo Contest. We had 32 people enter photos. In the end, ten people took away first place through fifth place and the category prizes, and five the random/last place prizes. That means that, out of 32 entries, less than half were "winners."
But - as I've told the contestants more than once - every single person who entered is a winner in my book. That's not just a cliche, either. If you take the time to make a sign, slap on a Pamper, grab your camera, and snap a picture, you're doing more than just trying to win a prize... you're supporting my blog efforts.
I have been blogging here since 2008. This is the 887th blog entry I've posted. That's an average of one every 2 days. For more than four years. Many of them were administrative, or fluff. But others were stories that I took hours to write, and commentary that I gave a shit ton of thought to before posting.
In May 2011 I wrote my blog entry, "Message" - intended to be a little bit of encouragement to our community after some hits we took in the press. In September of 2012 I wrote a blog entry containing some advice for our collegebaby community. And I've written many entries about my experiences growing up as an ABDL; I hear back from you, and many of you have gotten a lot out of some of them.
Some of my blog entries have been commentary on our community, and have gained me some haters. An entry I wrote about independent ABDLs not letting their identities being gobbled up by groups or clicques, for example. Or my Part I and Part II entries on Tumblr and the problem of photo theft in our community; these got a lot of feedback, including a surprising number of people angry with me for calling out theft. I've also written about the importance of maintaining age barriers (18+) in accordance with the law within the ABDL community; I've been bashed for this on nearly every diaper website and FetLife at some point or another.
But one of the nice things about having your own blog is that you can write entries like these. And the nice thing about writing a blog over a period of years, and consistently sticking to it, is you begin to attract readers. I went from one reader in 2008 - me - to two, and then three, and then... you get the idea. People read the stuff that's posted here. There's nothing more satisfying than getting an email from someone who not only says they've read the blog for years, but who actually cites blog entries that meant something to them.
And many of these blog entries come from you.
Dozens of you have completed Q&A's. I have more than one hundred baby picture entries posted. And quite a few of you have taken the time to write full-fledged guest entries. You guys rock.
I work full-time and do consulting on the side. And I have my own life shit going on, as well. There are times that maintaining this blog would become burdensome if I was forced to do it 100% solo. I suspect that's why so many ABDL-related blogs fail. But this one won't, because even when things are low for me and posting blog entries isn't something I can focus on, there's always fresh new content. You guys, my ABDL friends (and a few real-life friends), make sure of that.
This contest wasn't just about prizes. It was about showing "ABDL pride" - about why you love diapers. And, for me, it was about upping in the interest in my blog; I've got a lot of stuff planned for 2013, and I hoped to gain some new readers before I begin posting it. This blog entry was averaging 150 readers a day before I announced the contest - not bad, numbers-wise, basically back to the numbers that I was seeing in 2011 before I took my two-month break from posting and temporarily de-activated the blog. On the day I announced the contest Abysitter.com got more than 1,000 readers. And in the days since it's averaged just under 300 viewers a day. While I expect some of this to drop off after the contest, I hope that your adorable pictures, and your creative effort, along with your promotion of this contest, have secured a bunch of new readers for my upcoming material.
So whether you took first place, last place - yep, there was a prize for that! - or some prize in between... or won a prize through the luck of the draw... or didn't win a prize at all... you rock.
So DanInKC, DiaperedCollegeBoi88, Ewik, Diaperfur, Kooshy, Diapscort, Champ, TheBabyBoy26, E-Wolf, WetDiaperBoy, Onem, BabyBooBoo93, Sissy Mattie, Atti, aka TallestBabyEver, Baby Mathew, LT, KidCody, LilBroDerby, Zac, DiaperWhiz, BabySpencey, Zygomaticus & Twistedfrosts, Dee & Gishy, FrenchLittleMan, Mojo, PaddedGoalie, ThePaddedProfessional & ThePaddedPunk, RobbiexRainbow, ShikaShaker00, Avi, Panger, Bob, and Oli - thank you for being such supportive friends - and such dope-ass dudes. And chick. And... well, fuck it.
You guys rock.
If you haven't shared your story with my readers yet, I hope that you'll consider completing a Q&A or writing up a guest entry.
And I definitely hope you'll keep the cuteness coming. You took the time to snap a contest entry picture, but some of y'all should be posting up cute diaper pics on the daily. And some of you do. Consider this your personal invitation to KEEP SENDING ME STUFF TO POST!
I'LL BE POSTING THE WINNERS
OF EACH PRIZE CATEGORY
EVERY 5-10 MINUTES.
PLEASE STAY RIGHT HERE,
AND KEEP REFRESHING!
Thanks again for participating in the contest. Whether you entered a photo, voted for your favorites, or just shared the link to the contest with your ABDL fam - again, you guys rock.
All of you. No matter where you placed in this.
Thank you.
Cwis
No comments:
Post a Comment