Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Diaper Questions... Please Help?

So I'm pretty much distraught that Dry24/7 has stopped producing diapers, at least for the time being. I came out pretty strong for those diapers a few months ago, and they've since run out. I'm sure that it has nothing to do with a whole bunch of you trying them (hehehe), and more to do with them making changes to their production. At least I hope that's what it is... they haven't returned my emails so I have no idea what's up. 

So I'm running out of my last case of them, and will have to make a diaper purchase in the next few days. 

Today I bought a case of the Unique Wellness "Astronaut" diapers, which I'd sampled before and kind of liked. (I like that you can wet them and wear them all day/night and they never seem to get that 'eww piss' smell other diapers are known for.) But they're still no Dry 24/7 - I love the Dry 24/7 because they run large and are so thick. In a word: babyish. And the plain white does help a bit. 

I want to buy another case of diapers in the next few days. I am looking for something similar in size to the Dry 24/7 medium diaper - or as close to that size as possible. I want something thick and absorbent. I like to wear the same diaper all day, something you can easily do with the Dry 24/7. I want something well-made, something that won't perspire or break apart. And, since I'm looking at some of the more babyish diapers out there (along with the less babyish ones), if it looks babyish that wouldn't be a problem. 

I AM HOPING THAT SOME OF MY READERS WHO ARE REGULAR WEARERS OF THE FOLLOWING DIAPERS WILL EITHER LEAVE A COMMENT HERE, OR SEND ME AN EMAIL, WITH YOUR HONEST OPINIONS ABOUT THESE DIAPERS. If you are an advocate for one over all the others, tell me why. Likewise, if you have had a bad experience with one, let me know. If you have an opinion on the fit, absorbency, or quality of any of these, hit me up. And if you have any favorites to suggest that aren't listed here, let me know what they are. 

My choices include: 


From XPMedical: Case of 42 for $59.95, or $1.42/diaper


Pay no attention to that diaper on the right... wahhhhhh!





Case of 48 for $90.72, or $1.89/diaper





Case of 80 for $93, or $1.33/diaper







Case of 48 for $67, or $1.16/diaper



With International Shipping, $118 for 40, or $2.95/diaper - EEK!!!




 PLEASE COMMENT BELOW 
or email me at abysitter@gmail.com 
AND LET ME KNOW
WHAT YOU THINK. 

 Which is the best diaper overall?

The thickest?

The most absorbent? 

The most babyish looking?

The most babyish feeling?

Your favorite diaper? 

Your least favorite diaper?

Looking to make a purchase ASAP, so please... 
hit me up!!


AND IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS 
INFORMATION ON THE 
DRY 24/7'S
PLEASE HIT ME UP AS SOON AS YOU HEAR SOMETHING!





 

9 comments:

babystevie26 said...

I don't have any first hand experience with any of those diapers. Though the Bambino Teddies seem to be the most economical choice going by the per diacost.

Abysitter said...

That's definitely true. Sometimes you get what you pay for, so I'm worried from that end, too. Hoping to find someone who's had positive or negative experiences with any of the above, or maybe even someone who's tried them all.

BabyBooBoo93 said...

I've used the Bambino Bellissimo and Teddy diapers. I like the print of the Teddy diapers, but the Bellissimo ones are a lot thicker and more absorbent.

Abysitter said...

Going to be a tough choice, I think. Good info.

KidCody said...

The Super Dry Kids and Teddies you won't be able to stay in all day. The Bellisimos are rumored to allow you to do this. They've taken quite a few settings for me but, I haven't stayed in them all day.

Morris Stegosaurus said...

Your math is wrong on Teddies-- they're actually ~$1.40 each. I think there's as good as, maybe slightly better than, Abenas, both of which for me typically last a whole day, but maaaay need changing near the end. I'm not a very high-volume wetter, though.

ABUs are a big step down and not worth considering, for the price.

Bellisimos (we call 'em bunny pants) are great-- can definitely wear one all day, if you do not find the per unit cost prohibitive.

Abysitter said...

You mean my calculator lied to me? Ha. Thanks for the correction. I like the looks of the Teddies on some of the online models I've seen :P and the Belissimos look great. Good to know about ABU, too.

Michael said...

I have tried almost all of these and I am sitting here writing this in my final choice, the Bambino Bellissimo. Yea, it's a bit more expensive but to me it's worth it completely. They have a great feeling, absorb a tremendous amount, and I can usually go an entire day in one.

Just my two cents...

Heccccky said...

Get whatever you think is going to look cutest on me, because I plan to come over and sneak half of them away. Just saying.